Welcome

I am an Xterra athlete and this is where you can follow my racing. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Pages

My Sweet Ride

My Sweet Ride

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Biking Easter weekend!!



This last weekend I decided to go race the first of three races in the Utah Championship Series. The race was held down in Alpine utah, just south of SLC. As i went down i thought it would be a simple training ride...Boy was a wrong! Upon arriving I learned of the stacked pro field ready to race. We lined up and started. The pace started off quick, I fought pretty aggressively to stay in good position which payed off. I tucked in right behind Jason Sager of Jamis Bicycles knowing that if anyone would pull away from the pack behind us it would be him. Sure enough my plan payed out nicely and Sager pulled as away from the group. Myself, Sager, and Chris Holley (trek 29er crew) broke away from the group and began chasing the top group of 3. We rode together until the last lap, Holly fell off and after the last climb i lost Sager's Wheel. I was confident that i could descend the last little bit of the course without anyone catching me seeing that no one was in sight. I was able to cruz in and finish 5th overall. I was very pleased with where I finished!! Keegan Swenson (whole foods/Specialized) Alex Grant (Cannondale), Bryson Perry, and Jason Sager (Jamis) are all AMAZING riders!! Over all I was stoked to go down and race an awesome course with those riders, and hang out with some awesome friends!! It turned out to be a great Easter weekend!!!

Check out the MTB Race News write up of the race. (Apparently I was "inspired":) http://www.mtbracenews.com/view_article.jsp?id=298

1 comment: