Welcome

I am an Xterra athlete and this is where you can follow my racing. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Pages

My Sweet Ride

My Sweet Ride

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2011 12 Hrs of Mesa Verde


This past weekend I had the great opportunity to head down to Cortez Co and race the 12 hrs of Mesa Verde. I headed down with some great friends who made the race amazing! When we got into town we grabbed our race packets and went to set up camp. The sun was setting fast so i decided to pre ride the course right when we got there so i would know what to expect. I set out by myself and had such an amazing time riding. The sun was setting, everything was glowing orange, and there was no one in sight! Cortez riding is something that everyone should experience!! Its AMAZING!! The next morning I was feeling great, unfortunately one of our 4 teammates had to make the tough decision not to race due to sickness. The race started with a lamans start. Kevin Day lead out our trio and had an awesome ride (and run:) setting me up with a nice 4th place position to start with. I started off hard, determined not to lose any positions. Feeling comfortable on the fast, flowy course I was able to pick off one rider and catch up and ride in with Mtn Bike legend Dave Wiens. According to my bike computer I was 1 hr 9 min which was the fastest times of the day, but the timing ladies had 1:10. (BUMMER!!) Our trio battled and hung with the top 4 man teams all day. After a long battle riding in 3rd all day, we were caught by two teams- The legends (Dave Wiens, Travis Brown, Ned Overend, and Daryl Price!!) and the Honeystinger/Trek team placing us in 5th. I was very proud of how we rode, considering being down a man. Thanks to Kevin Day and Chad Davis for riding strong! Also for Josh Mortensen despite being sick, supporting us and being my personal mechanic! It was a great weekend and I look forward to racing again next year!!

- PHOTO: Me next to Honeysting/Trek team 3rd from right, Chad Davis, Kevin Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment